About Us | Professional Advisory Board | Board of Directors | Staff | Volunteers
The Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut leads the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures and save lives
People Helping People with Epilepsy
The Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut is dedicated to improving the lives of people with epilepsy and their families. We are Connecticut's only affiliate of the national Epilepsy Foundation.
It's the people of the Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut that make it work. Select one of the top navigation links to learn about our current Professional Advisory Board, Board of Directors, or Staff. If you would like to volunteer time helping us provide services and information on epilepsy or helping us with grant writing, obtaining corporate sponsorships, or with other fundraising projects, check out the Volunteers area.
Did you know that in 2017 EFCT:
- • Provided information i.e. brochures, medication information, legal rights, advocacy to 442 clients.
- • Conducted 91 educational programs that served 1,850 participants including school nurses, allied healthcare professionals, teachers, camp counselors, lifeguards, early childcare educators, other agency and employee training, senior citizens, transit companies, elementary school students, middle school students, high school students, police and first responders.
- • Attended 18 PPT/IEP meetings in schools to advocate on behalf of children with epilepsy.
- • Hosted monthly educational webinars with professionals providing information about various epilepsy related topics.
- • Held an Epilepsy Awareness Day at the State Capitol for people with epilepsy and their families.
- • Sponsored an overnight camping program for 30 children and teens with epilepsy.
- • Managed a Parent & Family Telephone Support Network.
- • Managed a Friend to Friend Telephone Support Network.
- • Sponsored 7 support groups throughout Connecticut, serving 70 people monthly.
- • Held spring and fall client picnics.
- • Offered the Studio E Art Therapy Program.
- • Provided transportation assistance for clients with epilepsy.
- 1982 - Founded as the Epilepsy Support Group of Greater Hartford.
- 1986 - Became a provisional affiliate of the National Epilepsy Foundation called Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Hartford.
- 1990 - Awarded full affiliation and granted a name change to the Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut.
- 2008 - Met new national standards for affiliation.
- 2012 - National Epilepsy Foundation and the Epilepsy Therapy Project merged.
- 2013 - Selected for National Revenue Building Pilot Program.
The Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut is a Community Health Charities Member Agency.
Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut, Inc.
386 Main Street
Middletown, CT 06457-3360
(860) 346-1928 (fax)
Office hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.