About Us | Professional Advisory Board | Board of Directors | Staff | Volunteers
The Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut leads the fight to stop seizures, find a cure and overcome the challenges created by epilepsy.
People Helping People with Epilepsy
The Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut is dedicated to improving the lives of people with epilepsy and their families. We are Connecticut's only affiliate of the national Epilepsy Foundation.
It's the people of the Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut that make it work. Select one of the top navigation links to learn about our current Professional Advisory Board, Board of Directors, or Staff. If you would like to volunteer time helping us provide services and information on epilepsy or helping us with grant writing, obtaining corporate sponsorships, or with other fundraising projects, check out the Volunteers area.
Did you know that in 2015 EFCT:
- • Provided information i.e. brochures, medication information, legal rights, advocacy to 345 clients.
- • Conducted 38 educational programs that served 680 participants including school nurses, allied healthcare professionals, teachers, camp counselors, lifeguards, camp counselors, college security staff, college resident life staff and students.
- • Conducted Managing Students with Seizures: A School Nurse Training Program for 35 school nurses.
- • Successfully passed emergency medication legislation for children in schools.
- • Sponsored an overnight camping program for 32 children and teens with epilepsy.
- • Managed a Parent and Family Telephone Network that has 30 participants.
- • Managed a Friend to Friend Telephone Network that has 39 participants.
- • Sponsored 8 support groups throughout Connecticut, serving 62 people monthly.
- 1982 - Founded as the Epilepsy Support Group of Greater Hartford.
- 1986 - Became a provisional affiliate of the National Epilepsy Foundation called Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Hartford.
- 1990 - Awarded full affiliation and granted a name change to the Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut.
- 2008 - Met new national standards for affiliation.
- 2012 - National Epilepsy Foundation and the Epilepsy Therapy Project merged.
- 2013 - Selected for National Revenue Building Pilot Program.
The Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut is a Community Health Charities Member Agency.
Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut, Inc.
386 Main Street
Middletown, CT 06457-3360
(860) 346-1928 (fax)
Office hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.