EFCT Advocacy | Advocacy Day | Teens Speak Up | State News | Federal News | Find Your Legislator | National Advocacy
"The Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut leads the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and to accelerate therapies to stop seizures, find cures and save lives."
Advocate for Epilepsy in Connecticut
Individuals with Epilepsy face unique obstacles to care including difficulty accessing proper medications, inflated cost of treatment, and limited state and federal resources. Through the Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut’s dedicated network of Advocates and events such as our annual Advocacy Day, we’re determined to fight for key policy issues in both the State and Federal capacities.
We need your help! Join our growing force of Advocates and help us in our mission to create positive change in Connecticut and on Capitol Hill. Contact Michael Finley, CT Government Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can become an Advocate today.
- 1982 - Founded as the Epilepsy Support Group of Greater Hartford.
- 1986 - Became a provisional affiliate of the National Epilepsy Foundation called Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Hartford.
- 1990 - Awarded full affiliation and granted a name change to the Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut.
- 2008 - Met new national standards for affiliation.
- 2012 - National Epilepsy Foundation and the Epilepsy Therapy Project merged.
- 2013 - Selected for National Revenue Building Pilot Program.
The Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut is a Community Health Charities Member Agency.
Epilepsy Foundation of Connecticut, Inc.
386 Main Street
Middletown, CT 06457-3360
(860) 346-1928 (fax)
Office hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Are you Ready to be an Advocate for Epilepsy?